The member listing service (MLS) is a database established by our industry’s leading professional yacht broker associations (PYBA) to collect, control & provide data about vessels for sale and is exclusively for yacht sales professional use. The MLS allows yacht brokers to see one another’s listings with the goal of connecting buyers to sellers through a yacht sales professional (YSP).
What Is The MLS?
- The MLS is a database established by cooperating yacht brokers to provide data about vessels for sale.
- An MLS allows brokers to see one another’s listings of vessels for sale with the goal of connecting buyers to sellers through a YSP.
- The MLS helps yacht brokers connect by consolidating and sharing information while sharing commissions.
- Controlling the MLS database allows PYBAs to control how this data is used in public markets.
YSPs receive free access to the MLS or pay a small fee for co-brokerage data feeds. In return, they receive information on vessels for sale, including listing details, photos, and descriptions of each vessel. The MLS can only be accessed by yacht sales professionals. The MLS follows the rules set out by the participating professional yacht broker associations.
Benefits Of The MLS
As a result of collective YSP participation, the MLS provides more exposure to the selling broker and more options to the broker representing the buyer. In return, both brokers may receive a commission on the sale. The MLS allows competing brokers to work together toward a common goal of helping buyers find their desired vessels and helping sellers sell their vessels through the use of YSP services.
- Prospective buyers gain access to numerous listings directly from YSPs, while sellers get connected to buyers through a YSP via…
a. “YSP Only” access to the MLS database
b. Secure data feeds YSPs can use to advertise MLS database listings
c. Secure webhooks to integrate MLS data elements with external systems to assist YSPs with sales & marketing efforts (ie BoatDox, CRM, etc)
- Online advertising websites containing listings can pull data directly from the official PYBA MLS database.