1984 Duffy 35' (10.67 m) Flybridge Cruiser
Branford, Connecticut, United States
1984 Duffy Flybridge Cruiser
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: DUJ051360584
LOA: 35' (10.67 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Beam: 11' 10''
Draft Min: 3' 3''
Double Berths: 2
Maximum Speed: 15 Knots
Cruise Speed: 11 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 200 Gallons (757.08 Liters)
Fresh Water: 35 Gallons (132.49 Liters)
Holding Tank: 35 Gallons (132.49 Liters)
- Engine Make: Cummins
- Engine Model: 6BTA5.9M2
- Engine Year: 2000
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 270.00
- Power KW: 201.34
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 2350.00
- Spacious, open salon with galley up.
- Very light interior with white surfaces accented with varnished cherry trim.
- Forward cabin features a large V-berth with storage below. Chests of drawers are aft to port and starboard. Two opening ports and a large overhead hatch provide ventilation.
- Next aft to port is the head with a marine toilet with holding tank, sink with pressure hot/cold water, an opening port, and abundant storage in lockers and drawers. To starboard of the head is a large hanging locker.
- Aft and up three steps is the large main salon/pilothouse with starboard helm station with a large chart cabinet. A helm seat could easily be mounted on top. To port is a straight settee that converts to a double berth. To starboard is a nice wood table and two occasional chairs.
- Aft in the port corner is a large U-shaped galley with a Magic Chef four-burner propane stove with oven, stainless steel sink with hot/cold pressure water, large top-loading 11 cubic foot Cool Blue refrigeration/freezer. The refrigeration system can make ice. There is abundant storage in several lockers, drawers, and cabinets.
- A centerline door opens to the cockpit.
- Teak bow pulpit with anchor roller
- 35# CQR anchor with 250' of 3/8" chain
- Lofrans Tigress chain/line anchor windlass
- 22# Fortress anchor w/20' 3/8" chain and 150' nylon rode
- Three Bomar cockpit hatches (2008)
- Cockpit storage compartment with fiberglass lids
- Cockpit awning
- Cockpit shower
- Fiberglass swim platform
- Edson dinghy davits
- Docklines, fenders, and fender boards
- The flybridge has a Bimini top, a full-width wooden bench seat, engine controls, and gauges, depth finder, and a bow thruster control. Note: The current owner does not use the flybridge due to physical restraints. The entire flybridge deck has safety railings around its perimeter and provides mounting for the boat's solar panels. An aluminum mast carries the radar dome, deck light, and wind speed sensor. A unique feature is the front of the flybridge has a concealed fold-down stairway that provides direct access to the foredeck. Quite a rare feature for this type of boat.
- Engine: Cummins 6BTA5.9 270hp diesel engine (2000) approx 2300 hrs
- Transmission: ZF Hurth 630 2.48:1 ratio
- Evolution drive system w/ 1 1/2" shaft
- 4 blade 24"x26" propeller (2010)
- Side Power Bow Thruster SE80-185T (2014) with dedicated battery
- Espar diesel heating
- No generator or air conditioning
- 30 amp shore power with 50' cord
- Battery charger: Pro Mariner 1230P / Go Power solar charging
- Solar panels: two Go Power 22"x 44" panels with a control panel
- 3 4D batteries
- Pro Mariner 1230P battery charger
- 12V circuit breaker panel
- 120V Blue Seas sub panel
Updates and Improvements:
- Evolution Drive system installed 1992
- Engine replaced in 2001
- Water heater replaced 2001
- Refrigerator freezer replaced 2018
- Espar D31 diesel heating installed
- Diamond SeaGlaze windows and frames installed 2008
- Edson dinghy davits installed
- 3 Bomar cockpit hatches installed 2008
- 1 Aluminum fuel tank replaced original fiberglass tank
- Major rewiring completed for 12-volt systems
- Side Power Bow thruster installed 2014
- Raymarine Radar/GPS chartplotter/depth finder installed 2022
- Hull painted with dark blue Alexseal 2023
- House painted with white Alexseal 2023
- Exterior teak trim refinished 2023
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
New Nov. listing, Postscript is a nice, simple Duffy 35 extended cabin model with a galley up layout. The extended cabin provides a more spacious salon than the more standard configuration. Powered by a 270hp Cummins diesel installed new in 2000. The boat's hull and house were painted last winter with quality Alexseal finish. Other upgrades include bow thruster, new Diamond Sea Glaze salon windows, Bomar deck hatches, Edson dinghy davits, Espar heater and more.
Brewer Yacht Sales
Brewer Yacht Sales’ Branford office can be found inside Safe Harbor Bruce & Johnsons. Only a few miles from the “Elm City” of New Haven, Safe Harbor Bruce & Johnsons is conveniently located in Branford, CT, and close to wonderful weekend cruising destinations. The Thimble Islands, with 30 islands for anchoring, birding, and exploring, are only three miles away. Port Jefferson, with its great shops, numerous restaurants, and historic houses is a short cruise across the Sound. With 20 miles of coastline on Long Island Sound, Branford is an idyllic setting for traveling boaters. Onshore, there are plenty of opportunities for hiking, cycling, and kayaking. Additionally, sites to enjoy ashore include Stony Creek's Trolley Trail and the Harrison House Museum.
The professional sales staff at Brewer Yacht Sales Branford are committed to making your boat buying or selling experience an enjoyable one! Our Brewer Yacht Sales brokers have on average twenty years of boating industry experience, and it is their job to make your transaction smooth and worry-free. We want to build long-term relationships with our customers, whether you are transitioning out of your current boat or into your next one.
Fred Brown, CPYB
With a life-long passion for boats and the water much of what I've done in life has in one way or another involved boats. As a youngster, my family owned several boats which we kept in Branford, CT where we belonged to the Indian Neck Yacht Club. After high school, I enlisted in the U.S. Coast Guard in which I spent 18 months in Alaska before returning to CT where I became certified as coxswain of Coast Guard rescue boats up to 44'.
After my Coast Guard service, I worked for 10 years in the wholesale marine equipment business where I supplied boatyards and marine dealers throughout Connecticut.
In 1983 I thought I'd try selling new boats. I worked for two reputable Connecticut dealerships; 15 years at Milford Boat Works and then 15 years at Petzold's Marine. I was fortunate to learn from some of the most experienced and reputable people in the business. I now have a long, successful history of selling quality new boat brands such as Sabre, Back Cove, Ocean, Egg Harbor, Silverton, Mainship, Cape Dory, Black Watch, Phoenix, Pursuit, Grady White and Mako powerboats plus O'Day, Pearson, Cal and Freedom sailboats. That's a lot of new boats!!
In 2013, after 30 years of selling new boats I was ready for a change. I decided to concentrate exclusively on the brokerage boat market. I accepted an offer from Brewer Yacht Sales, the Northeast's largest yacht brokerage firm. I've now been at Brewer Yacht Sales for over 10 years where I work out of two of Safe Harbor's largest Connecticut marinas: Pilots Point Marina in Westbrook and Bruce & Johnsons Marina in Branford.
Buying or selling a yacht can be a comprehensive process and you should choose your broker carefully. I am proud of my reputation for honesty and my designation as a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB). With 40 years and over 1000 boat sales transactions behind me, the knowledge and experience I've gained are invaluable when it comes to protecting my client's interests. Whether you are considering buying or selling, power or sail, I can help. I look forward to working with you.
Please contact me directly.