1996 Catalina 28' (8.53 m) MK II
Westbrook, Connecticut, United States
"LADY JULIAN" is a classic Catalina 28 that has been kept in great condition. Powered by a Universal 18hp with 1448hrs.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: CTYEO448C696
Official Number: CT9912BM
LOA: 28' 6'' (8.69 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 10' 4''
Draft Max: 4' 5''
V Berths: 1
Double Berths: 1
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Monohull
Fuel Tank: 19 Gallons (71.92 Liters)
Fresh Water: 49 Gallons (185.49 Liters)
Ballast Weight: 3500 lbs
Dry Weight: 8200
Designer: Gerry Douglas
Tender HIN: CN-WMPES074H021
Tender Registration: CT0790BN
- Engine Make: Universal
- Engine Model: 18HP
- Engine Year: 1996
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 1448.00
- Engine Location: Middle
- Universal 18hp Fresh Water Cooled (1448hrs)
- ZF Marine Hurth Transmission
- Edson Pedestal Wheel Steering
- Raw Water Pump
- Stuffing Box (2023)
- 2 Blade Bronze Propeller
- 1” Bronze Propeller Shaft
- Rule Bilge Pump with Float Switch
- Lifeline Batteries x2
- Guest Marine 10-amp Dual Bank Battery Charger
- Perko Battery Switch
- 30-amp Shore Power Cables
- Raymarine 170 Displays x2 (wind, speed, Direction, and tridata transducer with depth, water temp)
- Raymarine AutoHelm (navigate to heading, waypoint, wind, wind speed etc.)
- Furuno Radar dome on stern pole with WIFI
- Apelco 5160 VHF Marine Radio
- Handheld VHF Radio
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass
- Upholstery Recent from Catalina
- Various Pillows and Soft Goods
- V-Berth and Built-in Stoarge
- Double Aft Berth
- Navigation Station
- Port and Starboard Settees with a folding Dining Table
- Hillerange 2 Burner Gimballed LPG Stove with Oven
- Magna BBQ Grill
- Stainless Steel Sinks with Hot and Cold Pressure Water
- Large Ice Box
- Seaward 6gal Water Heater plus Engine Heating
- Jabsco Manual Pump Head
- Vanity Sink with Hot and Cold Pressure Water
- Holding Tank with Macerator
Hull and Deck:
- Rocna 10 Anchor on a Stainless-Steel Bow Roller
- Danforth Anchor (secondary)
- Sunbrella Dodger and Bimini (2017)
- Cockpit Cushions
- Stern Corner Seats
- Walk-thru Transom to Swim Step with Boarding Ladder
- Various Life Jackets, Fenders and Mooring Lines
- 2021 West Marine RU-250 Dinghy
- 2021 Suzuki 2.5hp 4-stroke Outboard
- Dinghy Engine Stern Mount
Sails and Rigging:
- Aluminum Mast Stepped onto the Keel (de-stepped and inspected last season)
- Furling Forestay
- Doyle Mainsail (inspected and found in very good condition) (2017)
- Doyle Genoa 130% (inspected and found in very good condition) (2017)
- Doyle Cradle Cover
- Lewmar 16ST Primary Winches x2
- Lewmar 30ST Halyard Winches x2
Spacious family cruising yacht with desirable shallow draft wing keel with just 4'5 draft, perfect for exploring local waters!! When the Catalina 28 first introduced in 1991 and the much-improved MK II introduced in 1996 they were touted as a careful blend of innovation and traditional values? and promised to pass the test of time. All these years later she has proved herself time and time again.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
1996 Catalina 28 MK II
"LADY JULIAN" is a classic Catalina 28 that has been kept in great condition. Powered by a Universal 18hp with 1448hrs. "LADY JULIAN" has a great cockpit layout to keep the crew comfortable. Many refer to the 28 MK II as the biggest 28' sailboat you'll find. Her below deck spaces consist of a forward private cabin. Her enclosed head with shower is easily accessible from the cockpit and the cabin. She has a Canvas Dodger and Bimini, a walk-through transom w/swim platform, hot and cold stern shower, double lifelines with gates at the cockpit, and shore power. Electronics include gin-pole mounted Furuno radar, Apelco 5160 VHF, Raymarine Autopilot, Wind Speed and Direction Indicators and Depth Finder. Her sail inventory consists of a Doyle Mainsail with a Doyle Cradle Cover, 130' Genoa on a Schafer roller furling system. All lines lead aft to the cockpit through rope clutches, an above cabin traveler, and she has 2 self-tailing winches on the cabin top and 2 two-speed self-tailing jib sheet winches in the cockpit. She has two anchors, Rocnar 10 and a Danforth, the Rocnar is permanently mounted on a bow roller for quick launch with chain and rode stowed in separate deck bow locker.
Included is a 2021 West Marine RU-250 Dinghy with 2.5hp Suzuki outboard.
"LADY JULIAN" is located in Westbrook, CT by appointment only.
Brewer Yacht Sales
Brewer Yacht Sales’ corporate office is in Westbrook, Connecticut at one of Safe Harbor Marina’s largest Northeast locations- Pilots Point Marina (North Yard). Westbrook Harbor is well-protected behind Duck Island, making it an excellent port in any storm. Westbrook is also conveniently located in Long Island Sound, making it an easy trip up the Connecticut River or across the Long Island Sound into New York.
The professional sales staff at Brewer Yacht Sales Westbrook are committed to making your boat buying or selling experience an enjoyable one! Our Brewer Yacht Sales brokers have on average twenty years of boating industry experience, and it is their job to make your transaction smooth and worry-free. We want to build long-term relationships with our customers, whether you are transitioning out of your current boat or into your next one.
I joined the Brewer Yacht Sales team in the spring of 2019 working out of our Deep River office.
From an early age spending summers at Nauset Beach on Cape Cod, I realized that the ocean is where I was meant to be. That profound love for the water led me to a twenty-one year career in the United States Coast Guard, retiring as a Chief Petty officer in the fall of 2017.
My family and I have been living in Old Saybrook CT since 2015. Our house is very active with 2 young boys and a loving dog named Stumpy.
I welcome the opportunity to pilot mariners and help those new to boating navigate your boat purchase and selling journey.