1987 Moody 42' (12.80 m) 422 CC
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
MISTRAL must be sold and all reasonable offers will be considered. This is a tremendous opportunity to own a quality yacht and make it your own. The Moody 422 center cockpit was designed to cruise comfortably--coastal or blue water. She is solidly built, stoutly rigged, and will stand up well.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: BZL42035B787
|Lots of extras|
|Tenders: 1998 8'11", APEX A-9 RIB, model 1999. Tubes are Hypalon and hull deck and stringer are fiberglass. Rated for 4 people. TOHATSU 9.8 hp, 2-stroke outboard included.|
|Date Listed: 02/22/2023|
MUST BE SOLD! Call now-all reasonable offers considered.
$ 74,500 USD
€ 68,709 Euros
$ 101,075 CAD
£ 60,518 GBP
The Moody 422 center cockpit sloop was designed to be cruised comfortably whether coastal or blue water. A large vessel both in terms of interior volume and displacement, MISTRAL offers plenty of space for gear, equipment, and toys. She is solidly built, stoutly rigged, and will stand up well at sea or gently rocking at anchor.
MISTRAL's situation is that she must be sold and all reasonable offers will be considered. This is a tremendous opportunity to own a quality yacht and make it your own. Yes, she needs some TLC and someone with vision who will enjoy living aboard or passaging in comfort and security. MISTRAL could be your dream boat. Contact Lynn Oliver at Brewer Yacht Sales for more information!
LOA: 40' 8'' (12.40 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Documented Year: 1987
Beam: 13' 4''
LWL: 34' 10''
Draft Max: 5' 6''
Single Berths: 2
Double Berths: 2
Queen Berths: 1
Head Room: 6' 4''
Cruise Speed: 6.5 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Finish: White Gelcoat
Hull Shape: Monohull
Fuel Tank: 70 Gallons (264.98 Liters)
Fresh Water: 100 Gallons (378.54 Liters)
Holding Tank: 20 Gallons (75.71 Liters)
Displacement: 24200 lbs
Designer: Bill Dixon
Builder: Moody & Son, Ltd.
Interior Color: Teak/Blue
Exterior Color: White
Tender HIN: ITC409051899
- Engine Make: Perkins
- Engine Model: 4108
- Engine Year: 1987
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Stern
- Power HP: 50.00
- Power KW: 37.29
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 0.00
- Serial Number: ED332014526017P
- Engine Location: Middle
MISTRAL has a 3-cabin layout--fore, quarter and main aft-with a spacious salon, U-shaped galley, navigation station and two heads. Teak interior, teak-and-holly cabin sole, blue striped upholstery.
Head room is 6' 6" throughout. Good natural lighting and ventilation. Spot and ceiling lighting. Ample storage.
- Double cabin forward with access to full guest/day head
- Main salon featuring single settee/berth to port, double "U-shaped" to starboard
- Folding teak table on centerline
- Flat screen TV with sound bar
- Quarter cabin with bunks
- Main cabin aft with queen berth on centerline
- Settee, drawers, dressing table and wardrobe
- En-suite head with shower & JABSCO head
- Nav station faces forward with desk, storage, dedicated seat
- Fiberglass cored deck with non-skid
- Aluminum slotted toe rail
- Upper & lower lifelines with gates port & starboard
- Stainless steel pulpits bow & stern
- Center cockpit with teak seats and sole
- Edson steering pedestal with single lever and stainless steel wheel
- Canvas dodger, bimini, full 6-panel cockpit enclosure
- Cockpit cushions
- SEA WOLF electric windlass with remote
- CQR Anchor-45 lbs. with chain rode
- FORTRESS FX23 Anchor
- Sugar scoop transom w/fresh water shower (H&C)
- LPG locker with 2 bottles
ELECTRONICS & HELM
- GARMIN 182C Chart plotter/GPS
- RAYMARINE ST7001 Smart Pilot
- AUTOHELM autopilot
- RAYMARINE ST 40 Speed/Depth/Wind Displays
- FURUNO Radar (CRT at Nav station) Not operating
- STANDARD HORIZON GX2100 VHF with AIS, remote mic and removable hailer
- PLASTIMO Binnacle Compass
- WEST MARINE speakers (cockpit)
- AM/FM CD player at nav station
- Masthead tri-color nav light
- Teak drink holder
- Teak folding table
ENGINE & MECHANICAL
- PERKINS 4108 Diesel (Hours unknown) with closed, freshwater cooling
- Raw water cooled exhaust with hull-mounted intake screen
- ESPAR diesel heater
- No generator
- No bow thruster
- No A/C
- U-shaped galley
- Double stainless steel round sinks w/ pull-out faucet
- Pressure water hot & cold
- Foot pump for manual delivery
- ISOTHERM refrigeration w/custom shelving and circulating air fan
- AZORES 3-burner stove and oven
- FORMICA counter
- Tiled back splash
- Ample storage
- Sloop Rig
- Aluminum spars
- Mast--deck-stepped w/compression post, double spreader, internal track
- KEMP boom vang
- Stainless steel standing rigging (Not original)
- In-mast furling mainsail
- Roller furler-head sail
- Sails-Main and Genoa (135%), Dacron. (Age unknown. Serviceable)
- Additional Main and jib (110%) both roller furling
- Spinnaker-Asymmetric with sock
- Spinnaker pole-fixed length with mast track
- (2) LEWMAR 52- Primaries- self-tailing, 2-speed
- (2) LEWMAR 16 - Secondaries -self-tailing, single speed
- (2) LEWMAR 16 -Cabintop-self-tailing, single speed
- (1) ANDERSEN Mainsail reefing - on mast
- SPINLOCK clutches-port & starboard. All lines led aft.
- TOHATSU 9.8 hp Outboard (2 stroke, short shaft)
- APEX A-9 RIB Dinghy (8’11”, 4 people)
- GARHAUER Motor Lift
- WEST MARINE propane grill
- (2) Propane bottles
- LIFESLING Retrieval System
- Emergency tiller
- WHALE GUSHER Manual bilge pump
- Swim ladder
- 30 amp shore power cord
- Fenders & dock lines
- (2) Fender boards
- Folding chairs
- Boom tent with poles
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
For more information about this yacht please contact Lynn Wise Oliver.
We look forward to working with you!
Brewer Yacht Sales
605 Broad Street
Stratford CT 06615 USA
Brewer Yacht Sales' Stratford office is located within Safe Harbor Stratford. The marina's location a mile and a half up the Housatonic River provides shelter during inclement weather. The ample channel winds its way through a broad expanse of salt marsh grasses where boaters are often treated to wildlife sightings. In addition to the majestic beauty of this port, the convenience of Safe Harbor Stratford's location offers great appeal. Several Western Long Island Sound cruising destinations are within striking distance and there is easy access by land as well.
The professional sales staff at Brewer Yacht Sales Stratford are committed to making your boat buying or selling experience an enjoyable one! Our Brewer Yacht Sales brokers have on average twenty years of boating industry experience, and it is their job to make your transaction smooth and worry-free. We want to build long-term relationships with our customers, whether you are transitioning out of your current boat or into your next one.
Lynn Wise Oliver
605 Broad Street
Stratford CT 06615 USA
Lynn fell in love with sailing and the boating lifestyle when she moved to the East Coast to work as a young adult. She understands that boating can be a wonderful, but daunting, experience. Her belief is that owning a boat should be positive, and buying and selling should be both professional and personalized to the needs of her clients.
Lynn’s insights and expertise have been gained through her extensive cruising, certification coursework, sailing, navigation and safety instruction, and earning her USCG Masters License. She was a boat owner for more than 25 years having both power and sail and is active in her local yacht club. Professionally, Lynn learned about boats, boaters and the industry as Marketing Director for Brewer Yacht Yards which included 26 locations. With the 2017 acquisition of Brewer Yacht Yards by Safe Harbor Marinas, she was appointed Director of Member Experience for the 80+ national locations.
Lynn has two adult sons who were raised in, on, and around the water and are still messing about with boats for work and pleasure. They have provided additional perspectives on boating, life and boat choices.
As an American Sailing Association and US Sail & Power Squadron Instructor and private captain, Lynn loves empowering people in boating, especially women. She understands that boating can be fabulous if all onboard feel safe, comfortable, and confident. That starts with the selection of the right boat for your lifestyle.
Contact Lynn to help with your decision-making process whether you’re buying or selling a boat. She can be reached at 203.979.5565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.