1991 Beneteau 38' (11.58 m) First 38S5
South Bristol, Maine, United States
If you are looking for a fast and comfortable sailing yacht, look no further than the 1991 Beneteau First 38S5. This model combines performance and elegance, with a sleek hull design and a spacious interior.
Flag of Registry: United States
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: BEYFA019F191
If you are looking for a fast and comfortable sailing yacht, look no further than the 1991 Beneteau First 38S5. This model combines performance and elegance, with a sleek hull design and a spacious interior. The cockpit is well laid out, with a large wheel and an ergonomic instrument panel. The salon is bright and airy, with plenty of windows and hatches. The galley is fully equipped, with a stove, oven, fridge, and sink. The cabins are cozy and inviting, with ample storage space and ventilation. Latitude is the perfect boat for cruising.
Official Number: 1050616
LOA: 38' 3'' (11.66 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 12' 4''
LWL: 31' 4''
Draft Max: 5' 2''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Monohull
Fuel Tank: 24 Gallons (90.85 Liters)
Fresh Water: 90 Gallons (340.69 Liters)
Displacement: 14520 lbs
Designer: Jean Berret
Builder: Beneteau U.S.A., Inc.
- Engine Make: Volvo Penta
- Engine Model: MS-2B
- Engine Year: 1991
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 29.00
- Power KW: 21.63
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 7098.00
- Engine Location: Middle
HULL & DECK
HULL DESIGN TYPE
- Full displacement with fin keel and spade rudder
- The hull of the 38s5 is constructed of solid laminates of fiberglass cloth and resin with a fiberglass grid system bonded to the hull
- White gelcoat, with blue boot stripe and a red cove stripe
- Cored FRP (fiber reinforced plastic) with white gelcoat and textured non-skid
- Teak overlay on cockpit sole and cockpit hatches
- Anodized aluminum toe-rails
- A transom swim platform with a stainless-steel swim boarding ladder
- Settees to port and starboard. Galley aft and to port with forward facing navigation table to starboard
- The galley was located in the port aft salon
- Frigoboat refrigeration system
- Three (3) burner ENO stove with oven
- GALLEY SINK
- Stainless Steel sink.
- Fixed dinette table on centerline with drop leaves.
- V-berth forward
- Single settees in the salon
- Aft cabin with a double berth
- Two (2) heads with manually operated toilets
- Forward facing navigation table in the aft part of the salon, starboard side
INTERIOR CABINETRY, DOORS & TRIM
- Gloss finished Cherry wood
- Teak Thiokol cabin sole
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
FIXED VHF RADIOS
- Icom IC-M56 VHF Radio
- Ritchie 4" Compass
- Raymarine digital compass for the autopilot
- Autohelm ST4000
- Raymarine ST60 Graphic Multi Display, with Depth, Speed, Navigation, Heading, Environment and Autopilot interfacing options
- Raymarine Radome mounted on a Questus self-leveling radar mount
- Raymarine C80 Chartplotter
- Furuno LC-90 Loran-C
- Raymarine ST 60 Tri-Data (depth, speed, and trip log)
- Raymarine ST60 True/Apparent Wind Speed & Direction Display
- Dual MXD 378SXM with JL Audio speakers and Jensen remote control at helm
DC ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
- DC SYSTEMS VOLTAGE
- 12 Volt systems
- Two (2) group 27 AGM - House batteries
- One (1) Group 27 AGM - Engine starting
- BATTERY SWITCHES
- Three (3) Coupe' Battery Switches.
- DC ELECTRICAL PANEL BREAKERS/FUSES
- DC branch breakers in the main cabin electrical panel at the navigation table
- DC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM MONITORS
- Analog DC voltage gauge in the main electric panel
- BATTERY CHARGERS
- Statpower True Charge, 10-amp battery charger
AC ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
- AC SHORE POWER SYSTEM VOLTAGE
- 120 Volt @ 60Hz.
- AC SHORE POWER PHASE RATING
- Single Phase.
- AC SHORE POWER INLETS
- 30 Amp/125 volt shore power inlet
- AC SHORE POWER CORDS
- 30 Amp vinyl shore power cord.
- AC ELECTRICAL PANEL BREAKERS
- AC branch breakers in the main cabin & AC electrical panel below the navigation table
SAILS & CANVAS
- Doyle Main w/ 3 reefs
- Doyle stack pack system in navy
- Doyle 135% genoa
- Navy blue Sunbrella type fabric on stainless frame
- Navy blue Sunbrella type fabric on stainless steel frame, with side panels and Bimini connector
- Galvanized Plow Anchor
ANCHOR RODE TYPE
- Galvanized chain & 1/2" stranded nylon line
- Lewmar 12-volt Windlass - Pr0-Series 1000
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
East Coast Yacht Sales
Since 1986 we have opened five more offices over the past 32 years in Camden and Belfast, Maine, Salem, Massachusetts, Newport, Rhode Island and Mystic, Connecticut attracting twelve of the best brokers on the east coast. We are not just another boat brokerage hanging out a shingle, we invest in what we believe in: the product. We inventory Sirena Yachts, Axopar and J/Boats. We service our boats and customers unlike many brokers in the business. We take trades and we are fair to our customers. We understand the value of our customers over the long run.