1989 Sabreline 36' (10.97 m) 36 Fast Trawler
Rochester, New York, United States
'NOMAD' is a freshwater 36´ Sabreline Fast Trawler with many custom features and recent upgrades.
- Fiberglass Hull
'NOMAD' is a freshwater 36´ Sabreline Fast Trawler with many custom features and recent upgrades. She has 1860 hours on her Twin 250 hp Detroit diesels. She has a Northern Lights generator, A/C, Nobetec Radar, 1 Nobeltec VNS Max Pro GPS/Plotters, Cetrec Hydraulic autopilot, 2 VHF's, depth sounder, flybridge Bimini top & helm cover, custom light beige interior, two single berths in the aft cabin and v-berth forward, two heads and spacious galley up. Her current owner is an elderly gentleman and regrets that at this time in his life he has to give her up. He has enjoyed cruising aboard her. SS Meca has spent half her life here at Erie yacht Club. This vessel offered at a superb value.
During its successful run, Sabre built 85 of the 36 Fast Trawlers, one of their 1st powerboat endeavors, starting with the 1989 Models. The 36 follows their "Built in the Maine Tradition" of craftsmanship, design and quality and is still a very desirable vessel today.
Information & Features
Twin Detroit Diesels 8.2 litre FWC (Ser# 40828300)
Twin Detroit Diesels 8.2 litre FWC (Ser# 40828301)
12 ft 6 in
3 ft 4 in
55 gal total
Total Power: 500
DECK & HULL
· Fiberglass deck, white hull navy blue stripes, blue bottom
· Transom door
· Teak swim platform
· Folding S/S swim ladder
· Flybridge features a Bimini top and helm cover
· Moulded steps to flybridge-no ladders
· S/S side rails and bow and stern rails surrounding the teak bowsprit
· Maxwell-Neilsen dual station windlass w/chain and 35# CQR
· Spar Fortress FX16 Anchor
· Windshield cover
· Sea Star Hydraulic wheel steering-dual helm
· Cetrec Hydraulic autopilot
· 2 large Racor fuel filters; 1 Racor generator filter
· Bennett trim tabs
· Glendenning synchronisers. (the Glendinning Automatic Synchronizer adjusts engine speed automatically and continually, without any effort on the part of the boat operator.)
· Tank tender gauges for water and fuel tanks
· Halon automatic fire supression system
· Two spare 20 x 23 LH 3 bladed props
· Groco sea strainers
· 2 automatic bilge pumps.
· 2 Group 31 AGM engine starting batteries, 1 Group 27 AGM Generator Starting Battery and five (5) 4d AGM House Batteries (1000AH) house battery bank
· Battery Chargers: Two (2) Xantrex Truecharge2 60A Chargers running parallel – 120A total charging capacity – w/ remote mounted by helm, Engine and Generator Banks – Xantrex Truecharge2 40A Charger (installed Dec 2022) – w/ remote mounted by helm
· DC/AC circuit breaker panels
· 4.5 kw Northern Lights M-643 Diesel Generator
· 2 zone Marine-Air air conditioning/reverse cycle heat10V
· Shore power cords
· Electric water heater
Wonderful trawler style layout. The guest cabin is forward, V-berth, shelves outboard, drawers under. Large hanging locker to starboard with private head to port. The head has a sink with vanity, head and telephone shower. The companionway to the guest cabin closes off for complete privacy. Up three steps to the main salon. The steps are hinged for handy engine room access as is the aft stair unit. The main salon sole also lifts out in several panels for excellent engine access. The salon is very bright with an open feeling and features teak cabinetry, teak and holly sole, and large windows and sliding doors port and starboard for access to the side decks. Visibility is excellent at the inside helm station on starboard which features a convenient fold-away helm seat and sliding door. There is a large L-shaped settee to port with adjustable hi-lo teak table which swivels, and the dinette converts to a double berth. Opposite the dinette is a two person settee behind the helm. In the aft end of the salon is the L-shaped galley to starboard. Slightly offset companionway to the master stateroom, full size Norcold dual voltage refrigerator to port by port side sliding door. The master stateroom is aft and down three steps and features a comfortable queen-sized berth, abundant drawer and locker storage with lighted vanity. Opening windows for light and ventilation and an aft companionway to the aft deck. On the starboard side is a full size head with sink, head and separate stall shower. Large hanging locker at aft companionway. The flybridge is large with helm and companion swivel seats. There is ample seating around a folding dinette table dinette for you and your guests to enjoy the outdoors. Fiberglass radar mast. The aft trunk cabin top area is surrounded by a stainless steel rail. The forward deck has two large recessed anchor lockers, stainless steel bow pulpit with side rails surrounding the teak bow sprit. Nice side deck access to wide after deck with a transom door to the swim platform. A large lazarette provides space for deck gear and fenders and is accessible from both the cockpit and the aft deck.
The galley is very well equipped with double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water. Norcold dual-voltage full size refrigerator and freezer and a Princess 3 burner propane stove and oven. Seaward LPG solenoid shutoff, microwave. Even the gourmet chef will appreciate that here is plenty of counter and cabinet space for food preparation and storage. The chef will also be part of the socializing during meal preparation.
· Noreltec navigation & radar
· Datamarine Dart system - dual helm (depth, speed, log, temp)
· 2 Ritchie 6" compasses
· 2 Standard VHF radios. 2002 w/ Intercom/hailer
· Cetrec Hydraulic autopilot-can be controlled from both stations
· 1 Noreltec Max Pro GPS-plotters
· Garmin GPS
· 2 VHF antennas and 1 GPS antenna
· Fusion MS-NRX 2001 Audio SYstem
· Navigation: Garmin 740 with Airmar transducer at helm. NMEA 0183 data sources installed, including GPS, Airmar Depth/Temp transducer, electronic (autopilot) Compass, for use with laptop running Rose Coastal Explorer. New NMEA data to USB/wireless interface included but not installed - Required to run autopilot. Laptop not included.
· Spreader lights
· Remote spotlight
· Courtesy lights around bulwarks and decks
· Salt and fresh water wash-down
· Isomat white Fiberglass spar and boom
· Two Pompanette swivel helm and companion seats
· 3 windshield wipers
· Ensign and staff and burgee staff
· S/S bow fender holders with 2 oblong fenders with covers
· Dock lines & Fenders
· CQR anchor with rode and Fortress Anchor w/rode
· Raritan Electric-flush heads
· 2 shower sump pumps
· Cedar lined hanging lockers
Recent Upgrades and Service Under Current Ownership
- Engines Service annually by Shumway Marine
- Major Service by Allison/Detroit Diesel, Intercoolers replaced 2015
- Four Blade Propellers Recondition and Tuned 2018, Set of three Blade Propellers included as sparesHelm seats on flybridge replaced in 2016 with Todd Goucester Captains SeatsCushions (interior and exterior) reupholstered in 2015.
- A/C- reverse heat – two 16K BTU units: forward zone supplies front cabin and front of salon; rear zone supplies rear cabin and rear of salon – water supply pump replaced 2022 – Two Dometic “drop in - retrofit” replacement units (Model 901676160115) included in sale, but not installed.
- Refrigerator - Norcold 7 cu ft AC/DC refrigerator/freezer replaced 2017
- Microwave – Sharp Carosel – replaced 2015
- Davits – St. Croix Marine davits Model 350 (350lb capacity) with removable arms and custom bases.
- Anchor: Manson Boss 45lb with chain rode on electric windlass; spares included: 35lb CQR and Danforth.
- Trim Tabs – Bennet – hydraulic power unit replaced 2022
- Fresh water system – two 100 gallon tanks under rear berth – fresh water pump and tank supply valves replaced 2022. Spare freshwater pump included
· Heads: replaced in 2012 with Raritan Marine Elegance “full size” electric vacuum heads, with Raritan Controls and freshwater supply (not seawater). Hoses to holding tanks replaced at time of installation.
(Optional) Dinghy: 2011 Achilles HB-315DX (10’4” RIB) with Honda BF20DKSH 20HP 4-Stroke engine, fuel tank, spare prop.
LOA: 36' (10.97 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
RCR Rochester is located in the heart of the waterfront district in the area’s premier facility, Shumway Marine, with direct access to the Genesee River and Lake Ontario. Corbo Corbishley and Brendan Harris are the brokers on site.
Corbo Corbishley CPYB
Sales & Brokerage
A native of northern New Jersey, Corbo was introduced to sailing shortly after graduating Ithaca College and became obsessed with sailing. Crewing whenever opportunity arose he also bought and campaigned several one-design sailboats. While still sailboat racing whenever time allows on his J-70 “Late Life Crisis” he enjoys cruising with his wife Donna. They recently stumbled over to the “Dark Side”, trading in their Beneteau 37 for a Back Cove 30.